Subject: RE: [office-formula] Re: (fwd) Should OpenFormula BASE() and DECIMAL() definitionslist character set?

I'm assuming you mean the character encoding expressed at the XML level,
such as:

Do we need to say anything more here than what the XML Recommendation
says?  What else would you have?  Restrict encoding to an enumerated
subset of encodings?

In any case, I think things are cleaner if we keep OpenFormula independent
of XML, since there is not necessary connection to markup at all, if we
partition this right.

OpenFormula should define conformance for two things:

1) The syntax of a conforming OpenFormula expression, which would be
expressed as BNF and other constraints on a Unicode string

2) Constraints on the values returned by a conforming OpenFormula
expression

-Rob

"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote on 05/06/2009
03:38:32 PM: