Subject: euroconvert

Greetings,

I assume:

> Converts a number from one to another Euro currency.

Should read:

Converts amounts of defined currencies to and from Euro currency.

(Questions for Europeans on the list: Is "Euro currency" the correct way
to refer to Euros as a monetary system? Is the conversion fixed and
where is it defined? We simply say the conversion rate here.

Under semantics we say:

> The function /must/ be able to convert between the Euro ("EUR") and
> various older European countries.

Sorry, not "various older European countries." Must mean European
currencies but then those are listed.

Unless it is meant that the function converts between currencies that
are not defined?

Why would the semantics section say that the function "must be able to
convert" since the function has no meaning if it doesn't do that?

I suspect there is some other semantic at play but I don't know what it is.

Thanks!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34