Subject: Re: [office-formula] Portable "documents"

Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM wrote on 12/16/2009 04:33:26 AM:

> I think it is important that we always state here if we are talking
> about expressions or evaluators. The size of an integer is actually a
> property of an evaluator, and dereferencing the a pointer is an
> operation of an evaluator. So, what we are talking about here are
> behaviors of evaluators.

I think some limits can also be treated as formula constraints.  For
example, constraints on minimum string and integer sizes are processor
constraints, but maximum string and integer sizes would constrain string
and integer literals allowed in formulas.

But otherwise, I think your approach is reasonable.  The current Portable
Document statements are saying a mix of things, and will likely need to be
handled on a case-by-case basis.  I counted 153 of them.

-Rob