Subject: Re: [office-formula] Punctuation issues

Hi Patrick,

On Wednesday, 2009-12-23 10:05:58 -0500, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> Just a placeholder but something we need to remember to clean up:
>
> 1) With no particular pattern, listings of parameters end with a period
> or no period. Suggest period and consistent use.

I agree.

> 2) At PPMT, Nper becomes nPer.

In the current draft OpenDocument-formula-20091222.odt it is nPer in
Syntax, Constraints and Semantics. However, at the PMT function it is
Nper. I'd suggest to name both NPer instead, or better NPeriods.

> I didn't bother to create a separate
> listing for it. So whatever we call these tokens we need to proof for
> single form.

I'd prefer having _all_ parameters start with a capital letter, unless
they are Greek symbols like alpha or beta or some such, which sometimes
also would make them easier distinguishable in the Semantics text. Care
would have to be taken that mathematical formulas would need to be
adapted as well.

PGP signature