Subject: Expression Calculation - a fundamental issue

Greetings!

I have been trying to recast the Expression Calculation 2.2 with an eye
on 2.3 Non-Scalar Evaluation and suddenly realized that I don't have the
necessary components defined to write those sections.

That is to say that the syntax I need to reference for say precedence,
doesn't occur until chapter 4.

Is there any reason why we could not put this material at the end of
chapter 4?

Where we could then say:

The rules for evaluation of expressions are:

) Operators shall be evaluated with the associativity and precedence as
defined by Table 1 (insert reference)

etc.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)