Subject: Re: [office-formula] Straw poll - slug

>Can we have a straw pool on slug?
> Show of hands for:
> 1)  "sg" : slug, 32.174 international pound mass (avoirdupois)
> or
> 2) 1 slug = 1 lbf * sec2 / ft

I have a minor preference for #2, in part because there is no question it's exact, and in part
because there is no question that it's correct.  Definition #1 should only be used if it is *exact*,
and that calculation needs to be shown in the JIRA comment (and maybe the document itself).

> PS: David, nothing is going to convert (sorry) people to SI other than attrition of those of us who learned the "other" method. Very few of us could measure cloth in "nails" or "ells" any more. Same solution. Just takes time.

I'm aware of that that it takes time.  Indeed, it's not at all clear that the U.S. will fully transition in my lifetime.  That doesn't prevent me from wishing :-).