Subject: Re: [office-formula] Sections 4.8 Reference and 5.8 References?

On Sat, 2010-11-06 at 18:43 -0600, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> > A cell cuboid consists of cell positions in the same cell rectangles
> > of one or more contiguous sheets.
>
> Same question for cell cuboid.

What are "contiguous sheets"?

> > A reference is the smallest cuboid that (1) contains
> > specifically-identified cell positions and/or specifically-identified
> > complete columns/rows such that (2) removal of any cell positions
> > either violates condition (1) or does not leave a cuboid.
> >

> OK, here is the content for a type definition. I think cuboid is well
> known enough to pass without definition.

Well, I am not sure that is right: Unless we know what "contiguous"
sheets are, we can't know what a cuboid is. I think we should definitely
define it (and the definition given above is incomplete.)

I think the confusion is that we sort of know what a cuboid is in any of
the existing spreadsheet applications but I don't see how we get
"contiguous sheets" from an ODF file.

Andreas