Subject: MS and XMP/RDF

Seems MS is adding support for XMP to its Photo Gallery software:

<http://blogs.msdn.com/pix/archive/2006/08/16/702780.aspx>
<http://dannyayers.com/2006/08/24/windows-vista-to>

This got me thinking that if the primary use case for XMP is embedding
RDF metadata in binary files, and if we took seriously our
accessibility use case for describing these sorts of files in ways that
say a screen-reader could use, it ought to be pretty simple to extract
the XMP from the embedded image file and write it out in ODF metadata
(assuming there might be some incompatibilities).