Subject: Re: [office-metadata] W3C RDFa

On Nov 23, 2006, at 6:47 AM, Svante Schubert wrote:

> During Ben Adida's interesting presentation [1], he mentioned RDFa to
> be a Working Draft (WD), but I can only find two Editor's Notes [2]
> [3].
> As I plan to read the sources till our next meeting, could anybody
> please confirm the sources?

Maybe Elias can correct, but it seems to me you have the right
documents. Not sure about the status discrepancy.

> It seems a good idea to improve recognition for the users of Meta
> data, by taking as much from RDFa as possible in case it will become
> the XHTML 2 standard for Meta data.
> But at least the two notes explain their status to be "without
> official standing within the W3C".
> In this case have to be aware to redefine the details for our spec, as
> ISO should only make normative references to established standards.
> But that should not be a great obstacle.

Yes. If all RDF/a in ODF means is adding a few attributes, and then
defining the conventions for using them, it shouldn't be problematic.
We're off-loading much of the data encoding to RDF/XML in any case,
which is an official standard. We're being as standard-friendly as I
think possible.

> I am looking forward to read the spec(s).
>
> PS: The RDFa link from
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/Metadata_Field_Brainstorming does
> not give clues about the specification, either.

Feel free to add them.

Bruce