Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Metadata only for Content

On Dec 12, 2006, at 7:39 AM, Svante Schubert wrote:

>    * Metadata might as well be attached to ODF nodes, which for
> themselves do not contain user data, but reference to an area of meta
> data, e.g. table:table-column.

True. The heading on the column, after all, is just a metadata label.

To throw in an additional wrinkle, however, the places where we need to
add these document objects to the list is when they might need custom
properties. In other cases, we can assume conventions (a la GRDDL) for
extraction.

For example, one might assume that a column heading results in this
triple:

	_:column1 rdfs:label "My Heading" .

If you wanted to enable users to also do stuff like ...

	_:column1 dc:subject <http://ex.net/topics/foo> .

... then we add table-table-column to the list (via your XSLT of
course).

I think that Elias was thinking the best approach is to just allow the
attributes on any content node (to not try to be too fine-grained
here).