Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Differences of our binding/identifications propsals, possible settlement

On 3/20/07, Svante Schubert <Svante.Schubert@sun.com> wrote:

> Just to make sure that we are all aware of the two kinds of copy
> problem. One is the OS copy command. The other where people are taking
> existing documents as templates, saving them under different names.
> Meeting-minutes or presentations are often created by myself this way.
> Probably somewhere else even business offers by secretaries.

FWIW, the recycling of older documents as you describe is standard
operating procedure in most North American law offices. Few law office
users actually go to the trouble of creating document templates. It
isn't the best practice, but it's near universal. Hopefully as folks
become more familiar with the advantages of XForms we'll see some
needed change here. But XForms is going to need some usability advance
in implementing applications. It's far too cumbersome now in OOo.

Best regards,

Marbux