Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Fw: [office-comment] [ODF metadata] Embedding IP/license information possible?

On Apr 25, 2007, at 7:31 PM, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Not sure if we're all on the public comments list, but this metadata
> comment just came through.

As I mentioned on the call today, there's a project at OOo to add
support for Creative Commons. I contacted them awhile back to tell them
about our work, though at the time it didn't seem they understood this
was in fact a metadata use case!

In any case, yes, absolutely we will support this, and I suggest we
include an example of it in our documentation. Florian's suggestions
about how to do this today were right: it's as simple as attaching a
property to the document that references the URI for the license in
question:

<odf:Document rdf:about="http://ex.net/1";>
   <cc:license
rdf:resource="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/"; />