Subject: Re: [office-metadata] RDF datatypes

Elias,

The other thing, btw, that I hadn't grasped until recently, is the
power of the metadata manifest idea. I like many things about it, but
above all I like the way it allows us to get some of the power of
Named Graphs by packaging multiple RDF files in a single document
package.

So one related issue apropos inline content is: will the inline
content all be extracted into one and only one RDF file? In other
words, will inline markup have the limitation that all assertions
that are inlined can only be associated with a single Named Graph
equivalent? I would suspect that this is the case.

If that is the case, then it's really important for users of
documents that might get markup from multiple sources (material from
multiple metadata authors, marginal comments, speculative comments,
etc.) to realize that they might tie themselves into a straightjacket
by choosing to inline all their metadata.

I say this as a person who stronglly supports the use of inline
metadata for some purposes, but also one who is starting to recognize
its limitations.

John