Subject: Re: [office-metadata] meta-field and more...

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bruce.darcus@OpenDocument.us> wrote on 05/10/2007 02:40:37
PM:

> On May 9, 2007, at 5:59 PM, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
>
> >> Secondly, Svante would like to define a binding/attaching mechanism
> >> for
> >> plugins to text:meta-field.
> >
> > Can you or Svante explain a little more exactly what this means?
>
> Bumping this.
>
> Bruce

Svante would like a way for us to map in the manifest an odf:Element to a
some sort of a plugin/handler/etc.

<odf:Element odf:idref="">
      <odf:plugin rdf:resource="http://someplugin"/>
</odf:Element>

However, I feel that's too application specific and we could start getting
into defining how is that plugin found/loaded/priority/etc. I believe we
are specifiying a flexible model to encode metadata, not its specific uses.

-Elias