Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [office-metadata] Reuse of metadata proposal for nonODF applications]

Svante,

I think you and Bruce are missing each other.

Bruce, as I understand the request, you want to add:

> What I am suggesting, then, is formally defining a field in OWL:
>
> odf:Field a owl:Class .
>
> .. which then allows me to subclass that:
>
> odf:Citation a owl:Class ;
>     rdfs:subclassOf odf:Field .
>
> Likewise, I have pointed out that generic properties for the field
> like prefix and suffix are perfectly in order.
Which is *not* defining all the semantics of a citation but merely
allows you a place to store them. Yes?

Svante, if that is the request, I don't think Bruce is trying to define
the semantics of a citation in ODF 1.2 but merely to have a specific
class in the ontology for fields.

Is that accurate anyone?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick