Subject: RE: [office] Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 16 Dec 200 2

John F. Aerts wrote:

> Since the OpenOffice.org XML file format specification,
> contributed by Sun
> Microsystems, will be the basis for this TC's work are the following
> standards/specifications being considered as we move forward?

[snip]

> US National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)-
> Records Management
> http://www.archives.gov/records_management/policy_and_guidance
> /agency_record
> keeping_requirements.html
>
> DoD 5015.2-STD Design Criteria Standard for Electronic
> Records Management
> http://jitc.fhu.disa.mil/recmgt/standards.htm

I don't know how relevant these two products are to establishing a data
format standard. The NARA recordkeeping requirements page is a resource for
helping US Federal government agencies identify what records they should
create and how these records should be managed. The DoD Standard is for
assesing the suitability of software products for recordkeeping and records
management purposes.

Simon

Simon Davis
Assistant Director, Digital Preservation
National Archives of Australia

simond@naa.gov.au
phone: +61-2-6212-3461
fax:   +61-2-6212-3469