Subject: Re: [office] Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 19-May-03

Hello all,

> Two questions on embedded images came up, namely on keeping the aspect
> ratio when resizing an image, and using images with horizontal rules. No
> answer was found during the meeting.

OK, I know a little more by now:

1) The base format doesn't seem to have a flag for keeping the
aspect-ration of iamges constant. Our application supports this, but
doesn't save the flag anywhere. I don't see a problem in doing so.

2) OOo has a feature to insert 'graphical' horizontal rules, which
inserts an image from a horizontal-rule-image-library. This is purely an
OOo user interface thing, in that the 'horizontal rule' menu offers to
insert either a true (but rather plain looking) rule, or insert a
rule-like graphics. In the format, it's either a rule or a graphics.
There's nothing special in there for 'graphic rules'.

Daniel