Subject: MIME types

Dear TC members,

I have two action items regarding MIME types.

The first one is a proposal for adding a stream to the package that
contains the document's MIME type and can be used by file magic tools to
identify Open Office documents. I would like to propose the following:

If a MIME type for a document that makes use of packages is existing,
then the package SHOULD contain a stream called "mimetype", and this
stream SHOULD be first stream of the package's zip file. This stream
SHOULD contain the document's MIME type, but no additional bytes.

The second action item is about the MIME types we might want to register
for Open Office documents. It is still in progress. However, until now I
did not find a TC that already registered a MIME type.