Subject: Re: [office] Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Agenda 9Feb 2004

Dear TC members,

below is a summary of the open TODOs in the specification document:

1. We have decided to add "genre" elements like <text>, <spreadsheet>,
etc. within <office:body>. Do we want to make restrictions for the
content in of these elements, or do we want to move these restrictions
to the appendix about typical document types only?

2. There are some places where unique names (or ids) are used within the
specification, for instance within change tracking. Currently, these
unique names are strings only, because using an ID/IDREF pair would add
some restriction regarding the names that can be used as ids. Shall we
keep these names as strings?

3. The original spec did not allow footnotes/endnotes in other
footnotes/endnotes; the DTD contained an appriopriate comment. Do we
wish to maintain this restriction for <text:notes> elements?

4. The <table:sort> element contains a table:algorithm attribute that
specifies a sort algorithm. Such algorithms usually are provided by I18N
frameworks, and it seems to be outside the scope of this TC to define
unique names for them. The attribute currently is a string only, but we
might want to turn it into a namespaced name just like we did in some
other situations.

5. The <office:annotation> element contains attributes for the author
and a date. Shall we use the <meta:*> elements instead as we agreed for
the information contained in the <office:change-info> element. If we do
so, we would have to add a meta element that allows specifying a date as
an arbitrary formatted string.

6. Since we agreed to specify meta information in the
<office:change-info> element using the <meta:*> elements, the
<office:change-info> element becomes a container for the <meta:*>
elements only, so we might want to replace it with <office:meta>.
Whether we want to do so depends on whether we want to allow arbitrary
meta data within change tracking information or not.

--
Michael Brauer                                Phone:  +49 40 23646 500
Technical Architect Software Engineering      Fax:    +49 40 23646 550