Subject: Re: [office] Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Agenda 23 Feb 2004

Dear TC members,

below is a list of the open "TODO (TC)" issues from draft 8.

1) Shall the fo:max-width/fo:max-height attributes formatting properties
in a graphic style only, or shall they exist at the <draw:frame> element
additionally?

2) There was a chart:class=domain|value|series, which doesn't seem to
make any sense. Additionally, the chart:class contained a value
category, that has become redundant since the category element is now a
child of the axis element. Is it okay to use a chart:dimension=x|y|z instead

3) Do we want to fix this to a particular version of MathML? The latest one?

4) The <text:dde-connection-decl> has an attribute text:name. Since all
other attribute if the element are in the office namespace, is it okay
to move it in the office namespace as well?

5) We already agreed that styles (in some situations) can be addressed
by a class attribute that takes a list of styles rather than a single
name. The idea here was to add semantic markup, for instance for
paragarphs or text pieces. There are two topics that need a clarification:
a) The names used in the class attribute must not contain white space
characters. Does this mean that style names in general must not contain
white space characters, or does this apply only to styles used in a class?
b) To which kind of objects do we add a class attribute. We agreed to
add it to text spans, paragraphs and drawing objects. Is it reasonable
to add it to lists, tables, table rows, cells etc., or is it unlikely
that these kind of objects will get some semantic information assigned?

6) There is a style:count-in-floating-frames attribute that specifies
whether lines get counted in text boxes. Is it reasonable to rename the
attribute to style:count-in-text-boxes?

7) Do we want to add %-values for the position of a background image?
Supported values currently are left/center/right and top/center/bottom.

8) Previously, there was a chart:symbol attribute, whose values would go
from -3..n. The negative values (-3,-2,-1) had the special meanings
none, automatic, and image. The positive values would be indices into a
table of pre-defined symbols, except that the content or even the size
of said table were not document. Is it okay to split this into different
attributes symbol-type and symbol-name.

9) Is it okay to renamed the chart:stock-updown-bars attribute to
chart:japanese-candle-stick, to match standard terminology?

10) Can we remove the chart:stock-with-volume attribute, as this has
become redundant through other changes the TC made. The
chart:stock-with-volume meant that the first series is represented as
volume and rendered as bars into the graphics. This can now be
accomplished by simply adding the data series, and marking it with
chart:class=”chart:bar” instead. The effect is the same.

11) Shall we rename the values 0/1/2 for the chart:splines should be
renamed to chart:interpolation=none|cubic-spline|b-spline?

12) There is a chart:lines-used attribute, which causes a number of data
series in a bar chart to be drawn as lines. The same effect can already
be achieved by marking those data series with chart:class=”chart:line”,
so the chart:lines-used attribute can be removed.

13) The style properties elements may contain attributes from other
namespaces. May they also contain attributes from our own namespaces or
SVG/XSL that are not in the schema?

--
Michael Brauer                                Phone:  +49 40 23646 500
Technical Architect Software Engineering      Fax:    +49 40 23646 550