Subject: [Fwd: [chairs] reminder to chairs: OASIS IPR Policy member review]

Dear TC members,

FYI.

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:54:46 -0400
From: Karl F. Best <karl.best@oasis-open.org>
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org

TC chairs:

On 9 July OASIS announced to its membership a draft IPR Policy that has
been developed by our Board, and requested that members review and
provide comment on this draft. (See
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/200407/msg00002.html)

One of the documents in this review is the proposed Transition Policy,
which describes how TCs will transition to the new IPR Policy by
selecting an IPR mode to operate under, after which the OASIS members
(organizations and individuals) represented in the TC will vote to
ratify that selection.

In addition to the other issues in the IPR Policy that you individually
and your companies may be interested in, I would also appreciate your
TCs looking at, discussing, and commenting on the transition to the new
IPR Policy, as well as any other parts of the Policy that will affect
the day-to-day operations of the TC.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org

--
Michael Brauer                                Phone:  +49 40 23646 500
Technical Architect Software Engineering      Fax:    +49 40 23646 550