Subject: Re: [office] Errata Draft 14

Hello Michael,

Impressive list of fixes :)

[...]
> A7) The boolean "text:enable-numbering" paragraph property is missing
> (would go into section 15.5. It controls whether a paragraph contain in
> a draing object is numbered. See also B2).
Do you mean "a paragraph contained in a drawing object"? Why is a separate
boolean needed for those, given that there are already ways to control whether
paragraphs should be numbered or not? (both at the paragraph level and at the
style level)  [more on this issue under B2]

> Class B issues
> ==============
> B1) "style:writing-mode" should also be an attribute of
> "<style:table-properties>" and "<style:section-properties>".
OK

> B2) A graphic style may contain a full list style, that is
> <text:list-style> may be contained in a <style:graphic-properties>
> element. The reason is that graphic styles in presentation documents may
> include the definition of list styles that are applied to the text of
> for instance a text box. These list styles do not appear in the UI as a
> style of its own, but are a simple setting of a graphic style. Since
> real styles may not reference automatic styles, it is required to
> include the list style settings in the graphic style itself. A
> <text:list-style> contained in a <style:graphic-properties> element must
> not have a <text:name> attribute.
>
> Whether the list style is applied to a certain paragraph that is
> contained in a drawing object is controlled by the
> "text:enable-numbering" property described in A7).

Surely this text must have a real style:style too (user-defined or automatic),
to define its formatting. Why isn't the list-style taken from that style, as usual?
It seems strange to me to have a specific mechanism for (lists in) a text box
when there is already a flexible mechanism for the general case...

You mention "real styles can't reference automatic styles". Yes, but how
is "this graphic style includes bullets" different from saying
"this graphic style includes a font of size 20"?

I wonder if it wouldn't be simpler to not include anything text related in
the graphics style, and use a usual style for that instead.

> one may add the full
> elements in addition to <style:list-level-properties>.
OK

> C2) To cover this situation, an additional attribute "text:use-outline-level"
> is required.
OK