Subject: 2.1 Document Roots

Greetings!

I have been over this section several times over a couple of days trying
to decide why it seems confusing.

Before suggesting any changes, let me test my understanding of what it
is saying.

<office:document> The root element if, and only if, the document is
being represented in a single XML document.

If the document is being represented in a package (section 17), there is
no <office:document> root element and in that case,
<office:document-content>, etc., are all contained in

<manifest:manifest
xmlns:manifest="urn:oasis:names:tc:openoffice:xmlns:manifest:1.0">

within:

<manifest:file-entry> elements.

Curious if it the case that when using an Open Office document
represented within a package if it is treated as though it has a
<office:document> element with the other subdocuments occurring within.

I suspect that is the intent but statements like in the first row of the
table on root elements, which says <office:document> is 'Complete office
document in a single XML document.' immediately following the section on
representation, seem to point to the interpretation I give above.

My thinking is that however the Open Office document is represented, it
should have (or be considered to have when represented as a package)
<office:document> as its root element.

Close, far away, lost?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Director of Research and Development