Subject: Question of writing style?

Greetings,

At section 2.8 Page Styles and Layout, the phrase 'you can' begins to
appear. By way of illustration:

In text and spreadsheet documents, you can assign a master page to
paragraph and table styles using a style:master-page-name attribute.
Each time the paragraph or table style is applied to text, a page break
is inserted before the paragraph or table. The page that starts at the
page break position uses the specified master page.

(fourth paragraph on page 52)

I think the preferred style for standards would read (first sentence only):

In text and spreadsheet documents, a master page is assigned to
paragraph and table styles using a style:master-page-name attribute.

The phrase appears 400 times in the latest draft. Perhaps I have been
too heavily influenced by ISO style drafting but it seems a bit informal
for a standard.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Director of Research and Development
Society of Biblical Literature