Subject: Re: [office] 4.3.2 List Item, Restart Numbering Value

Patrick,

Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The first sentence of the second paragraph reads:
>
> This attribute can only be applied to paragraphs with a numbering list
> style. Unlike the text:restart-numbering attribute, it restarts the
> numbering of the current list only.
>
> Comment:
>
> Shouldn't the first sentence substitute "items in a list..."?

Yes

> Not sure about the comparison with test:restart-numbering, which only
> occurs with lines on a page and headers.

The restart-numbering attribute is an attribute that we removed some
time ago for list items. While integrating this change into the spec, we
have overseen the reference to it in this section.

> Actually, doesn't this restart numbering at the current item? (As
> opposed to the "current list?"
>
> Suggest:
>
> This attribute can only be applied to items in a list with a numbering
> list style. It restarts the numbering of the list at the current item.

I've changed the text as suggested by you.

While searching for other occurences of "restart-numbering" I've noticed
that in section "14.9.1 Linenumbering configuration", the
"text:restart-on-page" attribute actally is called
"text:restart-numbering" in the  schema. This was wrong in the OOo DTD
already, but correct in the OOo specification. I've corrected the schema.

> Hope everyone is having a great day!
>
> Patrick

Michael Brauer                                Phone:  +49 40 23646 500
Technical Architect Software Engineering      Fax:    +49 40 23646 550
StarOffice Development
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Sachsenfeld 4
D-20097 Hamburg, Germany                e-mail: michael.brauer@sun.com