Subject: Re: [office] vialotaion of relaxng schema constraints

Hi,

Lars is right. According to §7.1.3 of

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/relax-ng/spec.html

refs within lists are in fact prohibited. This issue could be resolved by

a) replacing the reference with the content of the reference definition, or
b) by replacing the lists themselves with a string data type.

While the first solution increases the size of the schema and makes it
harder to read, the 2nd solution makes the schema less strict regarding
validations

I've checked the occurences of "ref" within "list" in our spec. Where
are two kinds of them:

1. References to data types. The data types referenced are: integer,
double, percent, length, positiveLength.

2. References to defines containing choices of values. An example is the
definition of "style:position" in  "15.4.23 Paragraph Background Color".

It seems that solution a) doesn't make the schema completely unreadable
in both cases, so I propose to choose that option.

Michael

--
Michael Brauer                                Phone:  +49 40 23646 500
Technical Architect Software Engineering      Fax:    +49 40 23646 550