Subject: Re: [office] text:number inside and outside text:h

Hi David, all

David Faure wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it normal that text:number is referenced both from *outside* text:h,
> as well as from inside?
> text-list-item-content and text-numbered-paragraph say it's <text:number>1</text:number><text:h>....</text:h>
> (or text:p instead of text:h, of course).
> but at the same time, text-h is defined as:
>
>     <element name="text:h">
>         <ref name="heading-attrs"/>
>         <ref name="paragraph-attrs"/>
>         <optional>
>             <ref name="text-number"/>
>         </optional>
>         <zeroOrMore>
>             <ref name="paragraph-content"/>
>         </zeroOrMore>
>     </element>
> i.e. text:number can also be *inside* text:h, as the first child element.
> Do we really need it both ways?

I'm not sure if we need both ways, but we have this two ways, because
the <text:number> element that appears outside <text:h> is the number of
a list, while the one inside the <text:h> is the chapter number of a
heading. Since a paragraph may not have both, a list number and a
chapter number, it probably would be sufficient to have one
<text:number> element.

> If not, I don't mind much which way we keep. If I had to choose I would say
> the number is somewhat part of the text - in particular for simple processors
> like a plain text export - so the text:h way should also be used in text:p,
> and the text:number element should be removed from text-list-item-content
> and text-numbered-paragraph. But I'm guessing a smaller change to the
> existing spec (and probably OOo implementation) would be to simply remove
> the text:number child of text:h.

Since a <text:h> may appear outside a <text:list-item> and outside a
<text:numbered-paragraph>, removing <text:number> from <text:h> probably
means that we remove the full feature of specifying the text
representation of a chapter number. So, I think if we change something
here, we should remove the <text:number> element from <text:list-item>
and <text:numbered-paragraph>, but we then have to add it to <text:p>
additionally.