Subject: Logos, ISO in particular

Greetings!

Checked after the conference call and it looks like use of the ISO logo
would not be permitted.

From: http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/xsite/namelogo.html

 > "The ISO logo is a registered trademark. Unless authorized by ISO, use
 > of its logo is prohibited. Notably, ISO will not allow its logo to be
 > used in connection with conformity assessment activities. These
 > include the certification of management systems, products, services,
 > materials or personnel, even when these certifications attest
 > conformity to an ISO standard, such as one of the ISO 9000 or ISO
 > 14000 series. Examples of unacceptable use of the ISO logo would
 > include use on products, on Internet sites, in marketing materials,
 > advertisements and company letterheads. ...ISO will take whatever
 > actions it considers necessary to prevent the misuse of its logo."

Does explain the absence of the ISO logo on various products.

I assume from the statements at:
http://www.iso.org/iso/en/iso9000-14000/publicizing/publicizing_4.html
that there are no other ISO logos.

Since there appear to be no other ISO standards with their own logos, I
would assume one would not be approved as part of the ISO process.

Definitive answers to these questions would require contacting the
ISO/IEC Information Centre at: mbinfo@iso.org.

It is not clear if a standard had a logo when entering the ISO process,
such as an OASIS standard, what would be the fate of that logo.

I think we need to get to OASIS standard status first and have a logo,
before we raise that question.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Director of Research and Development
Society of Biblical Literature