Subject: Re: [office] Microsoft Office 12 XML Format

Hi Duane,

there has been a lot of talks on why they chose to duplicate the
OpenDocuemnt design but building their own format on top of it.
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Research/?p=202&part=rss&tag=feed&subj=zdblog
includes some pointers that might be worth looking into; i.e.
http://www.redmonk.com/sogrady/archives/000732.html

Bests
~Lars