Subject: Re: [office] Bullet characters

Ok, here is a bit more info on 0x27a2

it's from the unicode block "2700..27BF: Dingbats", section "Dingbat arrows"
27a2: THREE-D TOP LIGHTED RIGHTWARDS ARROWHEAD

see http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2700.pdf

This originated from the infamous Zapf Dingbats font IIRC. Of course,
not every font will have this glyph, which is why openoffice uses the
fallback mechanism, that Florian described. OpenOffice and StarOffice
come with a font called StarSymbol, which includes glyphs the 2700..27BF
block.

What this comes down to, is that it should basically be left to the
application to find a out where to get it's glyphs, if that they are not
available from the font that was specified.

Bests,
~Lars