Subject: Re: [office] Slides about OpenDocument and meta data

Hi Duane,

I think there is a big difference between the support of ID and IDREF
data types and a "transparent system" you are describing.
Especially for event-based APIs like SAX such a "transparent ID/IDREF"
mechanism would be a killer, since the event-based
XML parser must find all the IDs, before it could issue the transparent
events referenced by the IDREFs.

Sorry for the confusion, but yes - RelaxNG supports the ID and IDREF
data types with the associated semantic, that for each IDREF
there must exists an ID and that IDs may occurs only once. But no, I am
not aware of the transparent ID/IDREF mechanism you described.

Sorry for the confusion,

Best regards,

Florian