Subject: Re: [office] XMP XML:RDF Metadata

Hi Mary,
Hi everyone,

Mary McRae wrote On 11/15/05 14:01,:
>  Hi everyone,
>
>    I tried to dial in yesterday and unfortunately couldn't get through. I'm sorry to have missed the call. It's unclear to me
> exactly what is being proposed here. Is the metadata project still considered a work item of the TC? If the answer is yes, all work

Yes. The metadata project is still considered a work item of the TC. What we
have a agreed yesterday was that we put the current meta data proposal on our
TC's web site and ask for feedback until December, the 19th. We further
agreed to discuss the feedback we receive in the conference call of December,
the 19th. There was no decission to continue the meta data work item
somewhere outside the OpenDocument TC.

> must be done within the OASIS framework. I know the TC has several other very pressing issues to settle (accessibility, DRM,
> formulas, etc.) so maybe the decision was made not to undertake this work item?

The TC's decission was to postpone the meta data discussion until we have
restructured the TC in a way that allows us to discuss the additional topics,
that have a higher priority for the moment, and to use the time to get
feedback for the proposal. There was no decission to cancel the the meta data
work item.

I therefore think that the TC is in agreement that the meta data work item
will be continued within the TC. Feedback to the TC's work is, as always,
welcome.