Subject: XMP RDF:XML proposal for discussion

TC members:

As you know, I had an open action item to converse with the Adobe guru's
on RDF and XML then report back to the TC.  Initially, this seemed like
a good idea but I have noticed that by acting as a middleman, especially
given my status WRT the impending birth of my second daughter, I may not
be serving the TC in the best way.  After discussing this with the Adobe
group, we think a better idea would be to put this TC directly in touch
with them.

CC'd are Tom, Alan and Bob who have graciously agreed to meet to discuss
matters of metadata and discuss actual implementation experience WRT
RDF, XML and metadata.  We could potentially do this during our
regularly scheduled meetings on Monday.  In the alternative, if the TC
is not in agreement, Adobe will be willing to sponsor a non-meeting
session via telephone conference and send out invitations to discuss the
issues.

Alan Lillich has a discussion paper he is working on and will submit
this shortly to the TC for input to frame the discussion.   Please note
that this is not an actual contribution or proposal from Adobe, just a
way to frame the issues they think we will encounter.

I would like to extend thanks to my colleagues on behalf of the TC and
thank them for taking the time out of their schedules to understand and
comment on the metadata discussion going on in this TC.

Best wishes

Duane Nickull
Adobe Systems, Inc. - http://www.adobe.com
Vice Chair - UN/CEFACT - http://www.uncefact.org/
Chair - OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee
Personal Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/