Subject: Re: [office] OpenDocument TC FAQ reworked

David,

David Faure wrote On 12/16/05 16:48,:
> On Friday 16 December 2005 16:29, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:
>

>>Please let me know in the con call on Monday if you agree to the reworked FAQ.
>

> It looks great over all, thanks for that work.
>
> I just wonder why the answer to the question "OpenDocument is a new standard. How well is it tested?"
> only mentions OpenOffice.org. Either it should say "many implementations" or it should
> list a few, not just one...

When mentioning the OpenOffice.org application I'm refering to the
OpenOffice.org XML file format, but not to OpenDocument. I'm mentioning
the OpenOffice.org application only because it was the first office
application that implemented OpenOffice.org XML, and I wanted to emphasize
how long OpenOffice.org XML is in use already. Maybe we should rephrase the
question as follows:

"OpenDocument is well tested. OpenDocument is already implemented by several
office applications, and some of these applications use it as native file
format. Furthermore, OpenDocument is based on the OpenOffice.org
XML file format, which is the default file format of the OpenOffice.org
application since 2001. This includes the word processor, the spreadsheet,
and the presentation applications of OpenOffice.org."

Of course, a list of applications that implement OpenDocument might also be
helpful, but we may want to let the new OpenDocument Adoption TC collect this
list.