Subject: Re: [office] Proposed TC Meeting Agenda Items

Hi Bruce,

> The complexity of the metadata issue is really just in the details.
> They are not hard to work out though.

You would be surprised how complex the issue of metadata can be in case
of OpenDocument. E.g. I recently talked to philologist researchers, who
e.g. would like to annotate greek texts with meta data. We had a short
discussion about meta data support in OpenDocument, which is different
to your requirements. What I learned from that is, that we definitely
need to do some fundamental research. As a researcher I'm sure you
agree, that a broader approach is called for, given the depth of the
issue. We should not rush this and focus on special cases (e.g.
bibliography). I also believe that users of OpenDocument will appreciate
this.

Best regards,

Florian