Subject: Re: [office] Formula Sub Committee Draft Charter

David, Robert,
all,

Robert, thank you very much for your very balanced proposal. I think it is a
very good starting point.

I would like to clarify that a TC may receive a contribution at any time
during its work. This means, the formula SC may start its work actually
without having received the OpenFormula specification as a contribution by
working on a new specification from scratch or other proposals that are
contributed to the TC. If the OpenFormula specification is contributed to the
TC at a later time, the SC of course still may consider this proposal, and
may merge this proposal with the existing SC specification if apropriate.

So, in addition to Robert's proposal, the TC may also decide to start the
formula sub committee without having received the OpenFormula specification
as a contribution, but to consider the OpenFormula specification if it is
contributed to the TC at a later time.

David, I hope this balances your interests with interests of TC to move
forward as well. It gives the TC the ability to start its formula work, and
it gives you the ability and time to get answers to your IPR concerns, which,
as Robert already pointed out, cannot be resolved by the OpenDocument TC itself.