Subject: Re: [office] IPR Transition Approval Notification: OASIS Open DocumentFormat for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC

David,

you may have seen that the date when the TC starts to work under the new
IPR policy is February, the 14th. My assumption is that you want to wait
until that date before you formally contribute the OpenFormula
specification to the OpenDocument TC.

All: For the formation of the formula sub committee we have to options:

1. We agree the formation of the formula SC in the coordination call on
Monday, but also agree that the SC will not start its work before
February the 14th (or a specific date close to that date), so that David
can contribute the OpenFormula specification to the SC under the new IPR
policies before the SC starts it work.

David, it would be very helpful in this case if you could confirm to the
TC that you will contribute the OpenFormula specification to the TC, and
until which date.

2. We move the voting for the formation of the formula sub committee to
the TC coordination call on February, the 20th.

I personally have a preference for the first option, because it means
that we do not further delay the formation of the SC.