Subject: Re: [office] Metadata subcommittee discussion

Bruce,

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2006, at 5:13 PM, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>
>> Not only will I support a motion to form a metadata subcommittee but
>> I would be willing to assist in drafting the charter or any other
>> duties that come to hand.
>

> I agree. I think it'd address concerns that the regular TC calls don't
> provide a good venue to work out the details. While I don't think the
> metadata effort would be as complex as formulas, it does require a
> more focused forum.
>
> That said, clearly we need to resolve the scope and goals questions
> that Rob and Michael raised. But perhaps, Patrick, if you're willing
> to write a draft charter, that would be something concrete to discuss
> that would allow for just that resolution?

Sure. I will see what I can do prior to the meeting on Monday.

Not anywhere near a final draft but something that puts a stake in the
ground which the TC can move back and forth.

To some degree it is hard to separate scope/goals from the issue of
having the subcommittee. I would probably feel differently than I do if
the goal was to re-write the Cyc ontology.

Suggestions welcome! Please post to the list.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick@Durusau.net
Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005