Subject: List item indents

The specification says:

"15.12 List-Level Style Properties
[...]
Start Indent
The text:space-before attribute specifies the space to include before the number for all paragraphs at this level. If a paragraph has a left margin that is greater than 0, the actual position of the list label box is the left margin width plus the start indent value."

However OOo doesn't seem to add text:space-before from the list style to the fo:margin-left of the paragraph,
which I would expect it to do, according to the above paragraph from the specification.

In the attached document, you can see
            <text:list text:style-name="L2">
              <text:list-item>
                <text:list>
                  <text:list-item>
                    <text:list>
                      <text:list-item>
                        <text:p text:style-name="P3">three</text:p>
                      </text:list-item>
                    </text:list>
                  </text:list-item>
                </text:list>
              </text:list-item>
[see why I very much prefer text:numbered-paragraph instead of this huge nesting of lists and list items?]

L2 at level 3 defines text:space-before="2.54cm", and P3 says fo:margin-left="2.54cm".
The OOo GUI magically keeps both values in sync....

Do I misunderstand the specification or is this a problem in OOo?