Subject: Re: [office] Re: mimetype for ODF - Macintosh type codes?

Dear TC,

This is the latest version of the mime type registration information.
I have extended the list of applications and added a link to the list of
applications at the opendocuementfellowship site.
I didn't add any Mac creator/type codes. Creator codes are application
specific and type codes are no longer recommended by Apple - there only
seems to be an un-official database for them at
http://www.angelfire.com/mac/tcdb/

Please let me know if you have further comments.

/lars

#   MIME Media Type Name
Application

# MIME subtype name ( See Existing subtype names )
vnd.oasis.opendocument.text
vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-template
vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-master
vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-web
vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet
vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet-template
vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics
vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics-template
vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation
vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation-template
vnd.oasis.opendocument.image
vnd.oasis.opendocument.image-template
vnd.oasis.opendocument.formula
vnd.oasis.opendocument.formula-template
vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart
vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart-template

# Required parameters
- none -

# Optional parameters
- none -

# Encoding considerations
binary

# Security considerations
Documents may contain script programs which are able to perform various
actions on behalf of the user. Applications should make the user aware of
this fact when opening a document of unknown/not-trusted origin.

# Interoperability considerations
- none -

# Published specification
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/12572/OpenDocument-v1.0-os.pdf

# Applications which use this media type
Abiword 2.4
Gnumeric (spreadsheets).
IBM Workplace Documents 2.6+
KOffice
NeoOffice 1.2 (import)
OpenOffice.org 2
OpenOffice.org 1.1.5 (import)
Scribus 1.2.2+ (import)
StarOffice 8
StarOffice 7 PP5 (import)
TextMaker 2005 (import)
Visioo Writer 0.6 (viewer)
Writely (text documents)
See also:
http://opendocumentfellowship.org/Applications/HomePage

# Additional information
* Magic number(s)
Using a syntax close to the file(1) command, OpenDocument files have the following 'magic' :

0    string   PK\003\004
>30  string   mimetype
>>38 string    vnd.oasis.opendocument.text
(or any other mimetype being registered here)

I.e. in plain english: the ZIP magic header "PK" followed by the byte values 3 and 4,
and at offset 30, the string "mimetype" followed by the actual mimetype of the document.

* File extension(s)
vnd.oasis.opendocument.text                  -> .odt
vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-template         -> .ott
vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-master           -> .otm
vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-web              -> .oth
vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet           -> .ods
vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet-template  -> .ots
vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics              -> .odg
vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics-template     -> .otg
vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation          -> .odp
vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation-template -> .otp
vnd.oasis.opendocument.image                 -> .odi
vnd.oasis.opendocument.image-template        -> .oti
vnd.oasis.opendocument.formula               -> .odf
vnd.oasis.opendocument.formula-template      -> .otf
vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart                 -> .odc
vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart-template        -> .otc

* Macintosh File Type Code(s)
There are no specified Macintosh file type code(s) for OpenDocument.

* Object Identifier(s) or OID(s) (See RFC1494)
There are no specified Object Identifier(s) or OID(s) for OpenDocument.

# Intended usage
Common

# Other Information/General Comment
-none-

# Person to contact for further information
* Name
Lars Oppermann
* E-mail
lars.oppermann@sun.com