Subject: Re: [office] style name uniqueness (Re: [office] OpenDocument TCMeeting Minutes 2006-01-09 and 2005-12-19)

David,

David Faure wrote:

>On Wednesday 11 January 2006 18:26, Lars Oppermann wrote:

<snip>

>Yes, I just hit a problem with a document (generated by OOo upon reading from a .doc)
>where a text style and a paragraph style have the same name.
>Can we also include in the future version of the spec that style
>names should be unique across style families as well?

Err, ODF 1.0 already says:

***
The style:name attribute identifies the name of the style. This
attribute, combined with the
style:family attribute, uniquely identifies a style. The <office:styles>,
<office:automatic-styles> and <office:master-styles> elements each must not
contain two styles with the same family and the same name.
***

Does the name of your style plus the style family attribute fail to
uniquely identify the style?

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Patrick@Durusau.net
Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005