Subject: Re: [office] OASIS process

Waldo,

Bastian, Waldo wrote:

>ODF 1.0 has passed step #6 already. I understand your question to mean where the process for ODF 1.1 should start. I expect that to be step #1.

I am not certain that is what is meant by the rules. Consider that ODF
1.0 has not stopped being an OASIS specification from the ODF TC simply
because it is now also an OASIS Standard.

In order to handle errata and that sort of thing for an OASIS standard,
it would make sense to have the 15 day rule, that is to start at step
#3. That puts only the parts that are changed under public review, etc.,
and then for a shorter period of time. I don't know of any reason why
errata should be treated as though we were creating an entirely new
standard.

That reading allows both the full 60 day review for an OASIS standard
and yet also allows a 15 day public review for correcting errata. To me
that gives all the rules a meaningful place in the TC process.

If we were writing another standard, then I think you would be entirely
correct and we would have to start over at step 1.

Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!

Patrick