Subject: Re: [office] Fwd: [odf-devel] ODF & ITS

An XML file can be of any encoding. The encoding is given in the XML
declaration e.g. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-2022"?> for JIS), and
it is up to the processor to handle the encoding. As was pointed out
earlier, the XML spec requires conforming processors to at least support
utf-8 and utf-16 encoding.

OpenDocument makes no encoding restrictions beyond those of put down in
the XML spec.

If there is any issue with XML not being able to support a specific
encoding (not that I am aware of any), this is clearly an XML/processor
issue, not an OpenDocument issue.

/lars

--
Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>               Sun Microsystems
Software Engineer - StarOffice                           Sachsenfeld 4