Subject: Appendix on Bidi

Hello,

I finally got around to writing that appendix about Bi-directional text.
Sorry for the delay. I think this Appendix should be titled:

Appendix E. Notes on Multilingual Support (Non Normative)

So the current appendix E (changeset) and F (notes) would be upped by
one letter. This is the text I suggest (mostly copied from Lars' email):

<appendix>
Heading:  Appendix E. Notes on Multilingual Support (Non Normative)
Sub heading: Bidirectional Text

OpenDocuemnt has full support for bidirectional text (bidi). This is
done through the Unicode standard version 4.0.0 combined with section 15
of the OpenDocuemnt specification.

Unicode 4.0.0 specifies, in chapter 15.2 ("Bidirectional Ordering
Controls") and Annex #9 ("The Bidirectional Algorithm") how to embed
right-to-left text in a left-to-right paragraph and vice versa as long
as the base direction of the enclosing paragraph is established. The
base direction is provided by OpenDocument Section 15.5.36,
style:writing-mode attribute.

For example, to embed an English quotation in the middle of an Arabic
paragraph, the enclosing paragraph could have the style:writing-mode
"rl-tb" and the embed English text could be marked by a LRM (U+200E)
character.

See also sections 15.2.19, 15.7.8 and 15.8.13.
</appendix>

Cheers,
Daniel.
--