Subject: [office] OpenDocument TC Coordination Call Minutes 2006-06-12

Attendees
Voting Members:

Robert Weir, IBM
Patrick Durusau, Individual
James Mason, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34
David Faure, KDE
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Bruce D'Arcus, The OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, The OpenDocument Foundation
Florian Reuter, The OpenDocument Foundation
David A. Wheeler, The OpenDocument Foundation

Members:
Waldo Bastian, Intel
Peter Korn, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems

Observers:
-

Acceptance of Minutes from Previous Meeting
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last
coordination call.

Action Items
------------
Michael: prepare issue tracking
     - in progress
Michael: Prepare specification document for public review/Send
     public review request to OASIS
     - done
Michael: Announce accessibility report at the TC's web page.
     - done

ISO Status
----------
(Patrick:) preparing disposition report.
The TC needs to agree how to address the comments and those decisions
will be reflected in the disposition report
(Michael:) the TC should agree on a document that addresses all the
comments regardless of their origin. This document can then be used for
the ISO disposition report, since it will include those comments and our
resolutions.

ACTION: Michael to prepare comments document

ACTION: All to review the suggestions prepared by Patrick

(Rob:) What to do about comments from China
(James:) they are not official ISO comments at this time
Patrick: we should include our answers in the TC document that Michael
is preparing, but I can not include them in the ISO disposition report,
since they are not ISO comments
(Lars:) how do we communicate with the author of those comments? Some
points need clarification.
(Rob:) could try through IBM, since we also got the comments
(James:) Ken can also try through ISO
(Michael:) we have about 3-4 weeks until OASIS can submit the comments
document to ISO. The goal is to address all comments within that time frame

Accessibility Evaluation of the OpenDocument v1.0 specification
(Michael:) The A11Y SC has identified 9 requirements for the
OpenDocument specification and has submitted a detailed report. The
report includes proposals and suggestion on how the requirements can be
implemented in the spec. Only the first requirement about soft page
breaks has no technical proposal yet.
Items 2-8 could be edited right into the spec if they are approved by the TC
(Peter:) Schema for (1) should be easy
(Florian:) Are soft line breaks also a requirement?
(Peter:) don't think so. Will ask A11Y SC and provide statement

ACTION: Peter to clarify whether soft line breaks are a A11Y requirement

(Michael:) I propose a 2 week period for deciding on the proposals for
the A11Y requirements
(Peter:) would it be possible to moce faster, say one week? The docuemnt
has been out for some time now and most people should have had a chance
to review it
(Lars:) if we get a technical proposal for item (1), we could vote next
week, given that nobody takes issue with the other proposed solutions. I
could create a proposal for (1)

ACTION: Lars to create proposal for soft page breaks

(Michael:) The specification should also have a non-normative appendix
that summarizes all the A11Y aspects.
(Peter:) How should such an appendix be structured
(Lars:) it should give an overview of the A11Y relevant parts of the
spec and point the reader to those parts, like the BiDi appendic does

ACTION: Lars to provide Peter with link to the BiDi appendix

New Action Items
Michael to prepare comments document
All to review the suggestions prepared by Patrick
Peter to clarify whether soft line breaks are a A11Y requirement
Lars to create proposal for soft page breaks
Lars to provide Peter with link to the BiDi appendix

Next conference call
coordination call: 2006-06-19, 3:00PM-4:00PM UTC