Subject: Re: [office] vcard

On Jun 15, 2006, at 9:54 PM, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Interesting idea.  But which vCard?  IMC's version, which is probably
> the most used, but it isn't XML?  Or one of the emerging XML
> formulations like the one Jabber uses?  Or the RDF version in this W3C
> Note: http://www.w3.org/TR/vcard-rdf ?

Norm Walsh has a more recent RDF version, and an XSLT to transform the
hCard micro-format to it.

<http://norman.walsh.name/2005/12/12/vcard>

That'd probably be where I'd go, but a) that depends on what we do with
metadata, and b) in any case, the model seems the primary thing. It's
widely implemented, and it's fairly international-friendly (at least so
far as I can tell).

Bruce