Subject: Soft page break question

Hello,

I am reviewing the material for the meeting this morning and I have a
question about the soft page break proposal, which in part reads:

> When a document is paginated the soft page break elements should be
> exported. We suggest this be implemented by introducing a new XML tag
> in writer similar to hard page breaks for soft page breaks.

Is this an issue only when the document is "exported?" Should there be a
soft page break element in ODF proper even when there is no export? That
seems to be what the second sentence is saying.

If yes, then the proposal is to have a soft page break element that is
present whenever the document is paginated. Yes? So, when is an ODF text
document ever not paginated? Even if page numbers are not apparent,
isn't there still a pagination?

I agree soft page breaks are needed but wanted to be clear on what is
being proposed.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick@Durusau.net
Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005