Subject: Re: [office] accessibility caption proposal comments

Hi Rich,

On Jun 22, 2006, at 8:34 AM, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:

> I modified the caption proposal to replace the target id for
> describedby to be <draw:text-box> vs. <text:p>. The reason is that we
> discovered later that the caption can have multiple <text:p> per the
> schema and therefore the encapsulating text box should be the target
> id.

IIRC, Michael Brauer said you could wrap the paragraphs in a
text:section element as well. Am not sure which is better, but in any
case, the idea is that same.

> Where is the TC at on the caption proposal. Has it agreed to use
> describedBy or are they wanting to do something more heavyweight like
> introducing a caption element?

We actually approved the attribute on Monday, although there was
consensus that caption-id is better because more specific. So 1.1 will
add a "caption-id" attribute per the original proposal.

I guess this is unofficial until the minutes are posted and approved?

Bruce