Subject: Re: [office] some answers regarding drawing comments

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 01:38:19AM +1000, I wrote:
> I'm fine with that, but I just want everyone to be clear that if
> OpenOffice were to change their code to comply with the clarified
> spec, it *will* break some existing documents.

It would be interesting to know if there are any other applications
which implement ODF including draw:enhanced-path. If Star/OpenOffice
is the only one, then IMHO updating the spec to match the
implementation still seems like a more practical approach (no
compatibility issues).

For resolving issues like this it might be helpful to know the origin
of various parts of the specification. For example, some things may
just be transcription errors when copying from the original source. I
presume draw:enhanced-path was derived from whatever OpenOffice
technical documentation existed at the time?

Thanks,
Chris