Subject: [office] OpenDocument TC Coordination Call Minutes 2006-07-17

1. Dial-In, Roll Call

Members:
Helen Yue, IBM
Yue Ma, IBM
Patrick Durusau, Individual
Robert Weir, IBM
Jody Goldberg, Novell
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
Bruce D'Arcus, The OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, The OpenDocument Foundation
David Wheeler, The OpenDocument Foundation
Florian Reuter, The OpenDocument Foundation
Chris Nokelberg, Tonic Systems

Observers:
Dhananjay Keskar, Intel

2. Approval of Meeting Minutes, Action Item Review

The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last
coordination call.

3 Action Items

ACTION: Michael to create issue tracking document
- ongoing
ACTION: Lars to add the apostrophe to the spec for cell names
- done
ACTION: Lars to request committee-spec ballot
- done
ACTION: Lars: make sure end of proposal is included for
show-end-of-presenation-slide (from DavidF), default is true
- done, default true is missing -> will be fixed (see discussion)

4. OpenDocument 1.1

(Lars) I edited all the changes that were agreed into draft #5. I
uploaded draft #6 with minor editorial changes like fixing typos and
cleaning up the schema.

(DavidW) What about the issues around drawing/shapes like the degrees
vs. radiants/gradients questions.
While being a minor change, it changes semantics at some points
(Michael) We should target such changes for 1.2
(DavidW) Agreed, but how do we express semantic differences in the
format, do we bumb up namespace versions?
(Bruce) changing namespaces is a bad practice to manage interop and
compatibility
(Rob) There is @office:version
(Lars) and that's exactly what it's there for
(DavidW) So will an app creating ODF 1.1 write @office:version="1.1"
(Michael) yes.
(Chris) agree that addressing the drawing clarifications in 1.2 is ok
units are a general issue where we need improvement in the spec, and we
might as well do it right for 1.2

(Michael) can we vote on 1.1 draft6 becoming a committee draft and
submitting it for public review?

(DavidW) there are two minor things I notice:
we agreed for show-end-of-presentation-slide to have a default of true,
the draft still says false and in appendix E.1 there is an additional
shall, so this is a typo that needs to be fixed

(YueMa) Shouldn' we include a statement saying that our solution for
tables in presentation is temporary
(DavidW) but it isn't temporary as in "it will go away"
(Lars) right, it's just stated in the A11Y appendix, that for assistive
technology to work correctly with tables in presentations, imported
tables should be preserved as such. And currently the only way to do
this is embedded objects. We agreed to have native table support in
presentations for 1.2
(Florian) But it is a disadvantage to have tables only as embedded objects
(Michael) yes, that's why we will have native tables for presentations
in 1.2.
(Lars) if we say explicitly in the spec (A11Y appendix) that this is
temporary, we will imply that the functionality would go away in the
future. Tables in presentations are a part of our roadmap. That roadmap
is public and as such, it is clear to see, that the issue will be addressed

(Michael) Does anyone object to accept draft6 of OpenDocument 1.1 as
committee draft given that the two changes that DavidW described are made
- no objections -
RESOLUTION: The TC accepts draft 6 of OpenDocument as committee
specification, given that the two changes that DavidW pointed out are made
ACTION: Michael: correct show-end-of-presentation-slide default to true
ACTION: Michael: remove extra 'shall' in E.1

(Michael) Does anyone object to submitting the committee draft version
of OpenDocument 1.1 for the 60 day full public review at OASIS
- no objections -
RESOLUTION: The committee draft version of OpenDocument 1.1 will be
submitted to the 60 day full public review at OASIS

ACTION: Michael: request public review for OpenDocument 1.1 committee draft

(Michael) We are almost out of time, so this is just a reminder, that
the electronic ballot for 1.0 second edition committee specification is
up and running, so everyone who is eligible and hasn't cast their vote
yet should be doing so soon.

5. New Action Items:

ACTION: Michael: correct show-end-of-presentation-slide default to true
ACTION: Michael: remove extra 'shall' in E.1
ACTION: Michael: request public review for OpenDocument 1.1 committee draft

6. Next Conference Call

coordination call: 2006-07-24, 3:00PM-4:00PM UTC